Friday, October 19, 2007

My Audition

My agent called about two weeks ago and sent me to an audition for a $145 million dollar movie with two huge stars and a director who was nominated for an academy award about two years ago, very famous. I thought I did a good audition and I got to sing and cry and everything. For those of you who don't know how the audition thing works, if you are in the running for a role you get a 'callback'. For episodics on television it happens very quickly within days. For feature films it can go on for months. I got a callback and went to the second audition on Tuesday. I think I nailed it.

Can you imagine how excited I am? Well, I'm nervous enough to catch a hummingbird.

There have been times when I was in a commercial audition having to act like a chicken or yelling 'booya!' at a can of chili and thinking...'I go to my acting class every fucking week, teach actors and study my ass off constantly doing monologues and reading books on acting and mentoring actors in Hollywood and I'm standing here doing this shit? Jesus.' It's a wierd life, being an actor.

We love it though and we can't help it.


And by the way, I do a great chicken.
SalGal

No comments: