Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Eating

How midlife eating differs:

I like cupcakes with lard icing, ok? I can't help it. My cholesterol bounced all over the place from the age of 50 to 55, and now I'm settled in with taking another pill. Pills are good (as referenced from my Drug blog}. In my early fifties, my bad cholesterol was up and the good was also good. I thought...I'll show those doctors, so I went to an herbalist. She gave me some chinesey herbs and said that they would bring those cholesterol levels in balance. That probably did happen for a couple of days as the bad cholesterol passed by the balance of the good and brought it down as the bad shot up through the roof.

The doctor told me to change my diet. There went the cupcakes. I lost weight, which I don't need to do, and was bored to tears with salads and vegetables. I thought, Fuck it, I want meat, shrimp, butter and cheese. So, the diet thingy didn't work either. The fact that modern medicine can bring anything into balance is a Godsend for the middle-aged, and now I'm totally on board with that.

I had a cupcake with lard icing for breakfast today, and i'll probably have a cheeseburger for lunch. I love Lipitor!
kk

************************************
Bitch. I have been on a diet for 40 years and I'm still working on it. Finally, the powers that be have maintained that dieting makes you fat. They say stop it and eat small amounts 5 times a day. See, then your body doesn't think you are starving so it doesn't hold on to the fat. If you starve yourself, the body holds on to fat for your protection. But you can't eat a lot and you have to be somewhat careful.
I heard about this diet and it is wonderful. It says, 'Eat all you want but here is the key, only eat half of what you normally would'. Well, I can do that. That's easy. So, today I've had a half a stalk of celery, a half a turkey sandwich and a half a pig.
I think it's workin'!
Here's to 'Artz Rib House!'
SalGal

No comments: